Saturday, February 25, 2012

Where or where has Carol been?

Deep in sorting and cleaning my house! I'm finding some really good stuff that will be making its way to the shop in the weeks to come. Will take pictures when I get it organized.

Those of you who have been to the shop know that we give a printed recipe away each month for something yummy for you to make. Here's a sneak preview of the one for March. It came to me via customers Ron and Gail from Sunnyvale who got it from someone else. He swears it's the best Apple Cake there is! I haven't made it yet but I'm going to. You can try the recipe from here or pick it up at the shop starting March 1st.


RITA’S APPLE CAKE

4 cups chopped apples*
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup canola oil**
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 cup chopped nuts

Add ingredients as listed. Pour into ungreased 11- x 13-inch pan and bake @ 350° for an hour or until caked is nice and brown in color and middle of cake is done.

* DO NOT peel apples
** You might want to reduce amount of oil as a matter of preference (perhaps 3/4 cup for a touch drier cake)

Recipe courtesy:
Rita Emma
March 18, 2011

I promise to be better blogging. Don't give up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to say- feel free to comment!