Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Heading home tomorrow

The pictures below are of a wonderful quilt top that I just picked up yesterday. It's made with one inch postage stamp size pieces of fabric, that I'm sure is old feed sack material.
The history that must be in this quilt. I consider it a work of art! When looking at it I like to think about the lady who made it and what her life was like at the time. Was she rich? Poor? Young? Old? We really don't know, but I know one thing, she must have been very proud of her work and loved what she was doing. It's a beauty.
We are starting for home tomorrow and I will post when I get back and start putting the new "vintage" stuff I've picked up in the shop. So keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to say- feel free to comment!