Thursday, November 5, 2009

We're in IL.

Yep that's right we are here in Mohomet IL. visiting our Daughter and Grandsons (of course our Son-In-Law too!) We will be back in Fremont on the 12th hopefully with some new goodies for the shop. I will be adding pictures I took today when I can use my Son-In-Law's lap top. This computer doesn't have a slot for my XD card.
The big talk and concern around this area is the Oct. rain, which was record amounts and the fields of feed corn and soy beans still too wet to harvest. Every shop we went in today talked about it. I guess they can't weight the corn wet, so it has to be dry or taken to a place that drys it, which is of course is a added expense to the farmer. But those places are too busy to take new customers. It's something we in the bay area don't even think about, but the poor farmers here are losing money everyday they can't get their fields harvested.
Looks like the weather is going to be dry for a few days so maybe they can get their crop in.
Keep checking back for those pictures I mentioned and more on my IL. adventure.
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to say- feel free to comment!