Friday, September 24, 2010

Things to Collect

I just remembered that Sept. is National Sewing Month. Even though Sept. is almost over it's fun to know these things!
Toy sewing machines are a huge among collectors. We have 3 really cute ones in the store right now. You don't have to be a sewer to collect them, just a lover of cute toys from days gone by. This darling Good Housekeeping cover shows how every little girl wanted to be like Mom and sew. I remember making doll clothes on my little machine and also on my Grandmother's treadle sewing machine. It was the only thing my Mother used.
Notice the little doll dress displayed with the toy sewing machine in the picture. Those are collectible too. Looks so cute hanging on a wall or of course on a doll. We have a few of those around the store too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you have to say- feel free to comment!